Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shenzhen Window of the World


Window of the World 世界之窗 is a theme park in Shenzhen where you see around the world within a day. This theme park contains over a hundred miniature replicas of famous landmarks and attractions from all over the world, e.g. the Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, Pyramids of Egypt, the White House, Niagara Fall, Jurassic Park etc.

We traveled on our own. We took the Shen Zhen Metro Full Trip Fare (Lo Wu --- Window of the World) at the Lowu city railway station. Fare fee: RMB 5 per ticket. There was no fuss, it was an easy one way trip direct to your destination i.e. entrance to Window of the World. Entrance fee: RMB 120 per ticket.

Since this was my 1st visit, I was enthralled, looked around, took poses and lots of photos. So, I and the rest began our tour (if you prefer you can ride on the cable cars or go carts or pony carriages and of course if you are willing to pay), to think of $$$ we rather walk under the extremely hot hot .... sun. It took us half day to cover almost the entire world. The heat was unbearable, I have never felt that I could sweat profusely in my whole life. Yes, a reminder to those who are coming to visit during the hot summer day, pack with you drinking water, cap, umbrella, sunblock lotion and extra towels. This trip was such an exciting experience for me, it is like a one stop travel round the world and I have photos to prove it. LOL